Blogs


Studio Continuous Lighting

    Studio Continuous Lighting for Photography

    The first stage is the first ten years after the appearance of the Petzval lens. The Petzval lenses of this Studio Continuous Lighting for Photography period either did not have an aperture mechanism, or, like early landscape (landscape) lenses, a copper sheet with a round hole of different apertures was installed on the convex part of the front of the lens, and some of the lenses were taken apart. Put an aperture between the front and rear groups, called a washer (Washer) aperture. In order to shorten the shooting time, photographers in this period generally used the maximum aperture to shoot, so they Studio Continuous Lighting for Photography rarely adjusted the aperture. The second phase started in 1851. This year, the collodion glass wet plate technology appeared, and the speed of film sensitivity was greatly improved. In addition, the vigorous development of outdoor photography gave birth to the urgent need for people to adjust the lens aperture. In order to reduce the trouble of disassembling and disassembling the lens, assembling and disassembling the aperture spacer, people began to study new methods. One is invented by the Englishman John Waterhouse. In July 1858, he introduced his innovation in detail in the "London Photographic Society Communication", that is, sawing a slit in the lens barrel and inserting copper aperture inserts of different apertures to adjust the aperture. This method is simple and practical, so after 1860, most Petzval lenses adopted this method. People also call it Waterhausen aperture (literally translated as "water room aperture") or insert aperture (structural designation) according to the inventor's name. In September 1858, two months after the introduction of the Watthausen aperture, the American Charles C Harrison (Charles C Harrison) obtained a US patent for the vane aperture.
jump to page.(total 1 recodes)